Compliance is key to your success and that includes the California Air Resources Board (ARB)’s Refrigerant Management Program (RMP). The deadline for submitting your 2019 Annual Reports summarizing the 2018 calendar year for facilities with large and medium refrigeration systems, refrigerant distributors and refrigerant reclaimers is March 1.
You do not need to file if your facility only operates refrigeration systems using between 50 and 200 pounds of refrigerant; however, you should still log it and ensure that facility contact information and refrigeration system information is up-to-date. This documents their refrigeration system leak inspections, leak repairs and other system servicing.
Here is what is due March 1:
- ALL facilities with 200 pounds of refrigerant or more must submit the 2018 calendar year Annual Report
- Payment of the Annual Implementation Fee
- Refrigerant distributors, wholesalers and reclaimers are also required to submit an Annual Report of 2018 statewide aggregated annual refrigerant sales, transactions and disposal
You can use R3, the ARB’s online Refrigerant Registration and Reporting tool, to submit everything and can be accessed here. Update your records before filing the Annual Report!
Here are the steps to take to file your Annual Report and pay the Implementation Fee:
Review/ update all registration information currently on the RMP R3 system for:
- company registration information
- facility registration information
- refrigeration system registration information
- Automatic Leak Detection (ALD) system registration (if applicable)
Enter/review ALL service records for ALL refrigeration systems containing more than 50 lbs. of refrigerant
- Quarterly (for systems with 200 pounds or more of refrigerant), annual (for systems between 50 and 200 pounds) and other leak inspections
- leak repairs
- refrigerant additions and removals
Enter/review ALD system calibrations and audits (if you have an ALD system)
Enter the refrigerant purchase and use information
Submit the Annual Report online
Create your invoice using R3 and pay the annual fee online with a credit card or by sending a check to the address on the invoice
Are you a service technician still curious about RMP? Check out these frequently asked questions many have here!
Remember that refrigeration is not just anything that cools food. For example, in California refrigeration is tied to the coil's temperature not what it cools. Make sure to check your state's definition. If your comfort cooling is cooling anything else at a lower temperature, you may have triggered a CARB registration requirement!
There is an easy and simple way to stay 100 percent compliant guaranteed, though, with Trakref. We are a climate-conscious crowdsourced environmental management software specializing in compliance and performance. Download a handy CARB info deck below and start compliant today!